Monday, November 17, 2008

Random Things

So I have been tagged twice to do random things about myself in the last week. One was for 8 random things and the other was for 7. I decided to compromise and do 7 1/2. So here are 7 1/2 random things about ME!

1. I am really bad about doing tags. I am awful at thinking things up, and then attempting to put them into words.

2. I tap my toothbrush after brushing. Daryl thought this was a weird habit since he gets the water off of his toothbrush the "right" way, by flicking it.

3. Animals in my house give me serious anxiety. It doesn't bother me if I go into other peoples houses and they have animals. It just can't be my own house. Ashlyn bought herself a bunny a few weeks ago WITHOUT permission. I tried to be really patient for the few days it lasted, but the makeshift cage we made with a rubber maid container didn't do the trick. Coming home from preschool I found the bunny not in the container. It had fun running around the house all morning leaving little presents for me in every corner of the house. My next problem was how was I going to get it back in it's container, which leads to to my next random item:

4. I cannot pick-up animals. Thankfully Ryan is braver then I am and he took care of the problem. At least momentarily, because by this time the bunny (named Bear) would jump right back out again. How will I survive when Snowy the preschool bunny comes to visit us this weekend. At least he has a "real" cage.

5. It takes me two hours to mow my back yard. One good thing with winter is that I don't have to mow it. Although every spring I do get excited to mow it again. I even managed to keep it fairly green this year watering it all by hand.

6. I refinished the outside of a piano and redid all the keys on it. It took me 9 months. Maybe one day I will manage to post pictures of the before and after shots.

7. I also refinished 2 chairs that belonged to my grandma. One day I will get pictures of those up too.

7 1/2. This event didn't happen to me, but I was there, so I am going to count it as a 1/2 random item. The other night at work (I work 2-3 evenings a month at the Springville Museum when they have wedding there) this kid came in at the end of the wedding and said they had decorated the wrong car. It ended up being the car of someone I was working with. When I went to break the news to her I just couldn't stop laughing. At first she looked alarmed, but fortunately she thought it was funny. Although it wasn't too funny when we were scraping shaving cream off her windows at 11 p.m. Technically it could have happened to me too because we drive the same green car. Fortunately I drove the van that night. I'm thinking a red van is a lot safer and won't be mixed up with the bride and grooms car.

It seems like everyone has been tagged, so I am not even sure who to tag. So if you haven't been tagged, here is an open invitation to write 7 or 8 random things about yourself.

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

We've had this discussion before, but we all know daryl is wrong. Flicking is sooooo not the right way.

Heather!!! said...

Hey Amy! It is fun to see you guys...I am really on a roll tonight and finding old EM buddies! You will have to tell everyone HI! and come check us out at rhsandberg.blogspot.com! :) Heather Sandberg!!!

Jill said...

Well, Tyson "flicks," too. I do NOT like it simply because the water ends up all over the place (me or the mirror-more cleaning!)